The 2023 NYSC registration portal is currently open for application. More details regarding the NYSC registration 2023, NYSC registration portal, and other related information that will guide you to a successful application are on this page. See NYSC online registration guidelines and requirements below.
This is to inform all prospective corps members that the NYSC registration portal is currently open for registration of the 2023 Batch ‘A’ stream II mobilization. See how to access the NYSC registration portal below.
NYSC Registration 2023
Are you a prospective corp member who wants to apply for the National Youth Service Corps and finding it difficult to access the registration portal? If so, we have got you covered!
We took the time to write this article to help all prospective corps members who are finding it difficult to access the registration portal.
This article promise to walk you through the registration process. So read on to know how to sign-up for the ongoing National Youth Service Corps today.
NYSC Registration Portal 2023
portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1 registration portal is currently open for application. This portal will be used to apply for the National Youth Service Corps in order to be among the corps members.
This web page will show you how to register successfully on the official NYSC registration portal. So take this guide very seriously because all the information you need is on this page.
NYSC registration closing date is yet to be announced. So read on to learn more about the National Youth Service Corps registration guidelines and the opportunities that await you.
- To avoid falling into the wrong hands, do not apply via any other website other than the official NYSC registration portal.
- Kindly note that the National Youth Service Corps may choose not to extend the registration process once the NYSC registration closing date is over. So if you want to be on the safe side, then ensure you apply before the deadline.
Requirements For Registration/Mobilization Of Graduates
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
- Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses and phone numbers before proceeding with the registration. The Email address and password will be used to login to the NYSC portal subsequently and so are advised to keep it safe.
- Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the NYSC registration portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members/those who acquired online qualifications should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. They should approach the Federal Ministry of Education for evaluation. The letter of evaluation must be uploaded during registration.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates) or obtained online foreign certifications, are to visit the NYSC portal, register, and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D. not necessary).
- Complete Official Transcript of the First Degree or HND.
- International traveling passport showing personal data page and date of departure.
- ATTESTATION LETTERS OR TESTIMONIALS are not acceptable in lieu of original Degree/HND Certificates.
- All working-class graduates and graduates of online foreign qualification are required to upload their original ADMISSION LETTERS and LETTER OF APPROVAL from their respective employers to undertake their courses, as the case may be.
- All graduates of Medicine and other health-related courses such as Nursing Science, Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, etc MUST possess and upload a current-professional license. An expired license is not acceptable for mobilization.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into the English language before uploading. Such translation must be done in the accredited Institutions or Embassies.
- All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science, and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters online and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped and handed over to law enforcement agencies for prosecution.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters online are expected to pay N2,786.24.
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N2,786.24 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name, and their husband’s place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
- Prospective corps members who graduated from Institutions located in the following Geo-Political Zones with challenges related to mobilization should contact the following Telephone Numbers.
- North Central – 08092142614
- North East – 08102790538
- North West – 08092142661
- South East – 09038034460
- South West – 08092142616
- South South – 07018836388
- All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for the collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of N2,786.24 only.
- Foreign-Trained graduates are to use Nigerian Phone numbers during the online registration.
NYSC Online Registration Procedure
- To register, visit the NYSC registration portal via portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/
- Create an account with your functional email address on the NYSC registration
- Activate your newly created account by clicking on the activation link sent to
your email address supplied during account creation.
- Proceed to fill in your details.
- Capture Biometric. Note this should not be done by proxy.
- Upload clean and clear-off white background passport photograph.
- Preview your registration form to ensure the details are correct.
- Agree with the registration terms and conditions.
- Upload your scanned signature or sign using a digital signature scanner
- Click on submit
- Keep your login details for subsequent use.
- If you are registering for the first time, click on ”Registration for Mobilization”.
- If you have registered previously but did not complete your registration, then don’t create a new account. Instead, click on “Login Here” to continue your registration using your previous Username and Password.
- If you were mobilized in the previous Batches and have registered online before but unable to proceed to Orientation Camp, Click on the “Revalidation” link to re-validate your registration.
Once you have completed your registration on the NYSC portal 2023, you will receive an email notification. It is important that you check the email for more information.
Kindly ensure you check this portal frequently for regular updates.
From time to time, we publish the latest news regarding NYSC on this portal, so if you wish to stay updated on NYSC registration, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change by the National Youth Service Corps, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
If you have any questions regarding the NYSC registration 2023, free free to let us know. Our support team will respond in no time.