World Health Organization Recruitment 2021/2022. Apply for WHO Recruitment 2021 via the official application portal. Careers and job vacancies portal opens.
In this article, we will provide vital information on how to apply for the ongoing WHO recruitment as well as other related information that will guide you to a successful application.
After reading this article, you will know what is required of you to scale through this recruitment process and stand out from the rest of the candidates.
This opportunity could serve as a stepping stone toward reaching your goals. So read on to learn more about applying and the opportunities that awaits you.
Careers at WHO
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.
We offer a dynamic and international work environment with a multi-cultural workforce, opportunities for professional development and a competitive remuneration package. At WHO we have a mobility policy to give staff the opportunity to gain experience in different parts of the world.
We offer professionals a unique opportunity to contribute to saving lives and support people’s health worldwide. Candidates appointed to an international fixed-term position with WHO may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
We invite you to explore the many opportunities and benefits of joining WHO.
You May Also Like: NAFDAC Recruitment
Who We Need
There are two key categories of staff at WHO:
- Directors (D) or Professional (P) who are internationally recruited and
- General (G) or National Professional (NPO) staff who are recruited locally for both fixed or short-term positions.
- We also run internship and opportunities for junior professional officers (JPOs).
WHO is committed to achieving workforce diversity, aiming to achieve a broad representation of nationals of our member countries. Particular attention is paid to candidates from developing countries and gender balance.
All posts are filled in accordance with WHO’s competency model. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis.
Therefore, we are looking for talented and passionate people to work for health.
Entry Requirements for WHO Recruitment 2021
Candidates who wish to apply for the World Health Organization recruitment must meet the following conditions:
For Professional positions
- Effective teamwork and communication skills.
- A proficiency in English and good working knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
- An understanding of policy issues and a keen interest in public health.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience at the national and international levels in your area of expertise.
- A university degree as well as a postgraduate specialization in a health- or management-related field, relevant to WHO’s work.
- Must have 1 to 15 years of relevant experiences
For General Service Positions
- Education: Secondary, technical or commercial school
- Language qualifications: Very good command of one official language. Knowledge of a second and third language will be an added advantage.
- Candidates under the age of 20 and above the age of 62 will not be considered for any vacant position.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or other tobacco users who do not indicate a willingness to stop smoking.
- Should you experience any issues with the submission of your application, please email WHO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beware of scams. WHO will never asks for money for recruitment purposes.
How to Apply for World Health Organization Recruitment
The World Health Organization is committed to establishing a long-lasting partnership with you if you meet the requirements.
Our recruitment process takes several months as it involves a number of steps which may include screening, interview, written test, and assessment centre.
Below is a quick guide for candidates applying for a vacancy at WHO.
You need to create an account before you can apply for a vacancy on the official job portal. To create an account, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official career page via http://www.who.int/careers.
- Click Vacancies – external candidates access.
- On the horizontal bar at the top of the page, click Sign In.
- On the Login page, click New user.
- Read the Privacy Agreement and click I accept.
- Enter your Username, E-mail address, and Password.
- Click Register.
Once you have successfully created your account, you will have a unique account.
- You should start with completing your general profile before applying for a vacancy.
- If you already have an account, enter your unique login information to begin the application process.
Creating/ Updating Your Profile
- Click the down arrow beside your name, then click Profile.
- Click the My Jobpage tab, then click on the Access my profile button on the right-hand side of the page.
- On the Job Search tab, find the vacancy titled General Profile then click the Apply button.
- On the Job Search tab, find the vacancy to which you would like to apply, then click the Apply button.
Completing Your profile
Under the My Jobpage tab, enter information in the following sections:
- Personal information
- Eligibility questions
- Job specific questions
- Work profile (Click Add/Update entry to add or modify records)
- Cover letter
- e-Signature (for external candidates only)
After you have completed a section of your profile, click one of the following options:
- Click Save and continue to move to the next section.
- Click Save as Draft, then click Yes, to complete your profile at a later time.
Searching for Vacancies
- On the search bar at the top of the page, enter a keyword or location or both. Click Search.
- Refine the search results by selecting the check-boxes at the left side of the page. The filters include location, job field and function, job type etc.
- Rearrange the order of the search results by selecting the options below the search bar.
Applying for a vacancy
- Click the job title to view the full details of the position.
- Click Apply Online to begin the application process. If you have not yet logged in, you will be asked to do so.
- Review that the information in your profile is true before you submit your application.
See Also: SON Recruitment
World Health Organization recruitment Update
To stay updated regarding the World Health Organization recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
If you have any questions regarding the WHO recruitment 2021, feel free to use the comment box below and we will attain to it.