If you are interested in obtaining a police clearance certificate in Nigeria and you do not know how to, read this article. This article will provide you with all the information you need to help you obtain this certificate without any hassles.
What is a Police Clearance Certificate?
A police clearance certificate is an official document issued by the Nigerian Police Force. This document is issued to individuals who are migrating to other countries, this is to guarantee the host country that the immigrant is free of criminal records.
Why do I Need a Police Clearance Certificate?
- If you have intentions of leaving the country to another country, you will need the certificate.
- If you want to occupy a sensitive position in Nigeria, you may be required to submit a police clearance certificate.
- If you are invited by the Canadian Immigration office to complete your application for a temporary or permanent residence, you will be required to submit a police clearance certificate.
- If you want to pursue a postgraduate program in UAE, UK, Canada, Russia or any foreign institutions, you will be required to submit the police clearance certificate.
- If you are visiting another country as a tourist, you will need police character certificate.
Requirements For Obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate
Below are the requirements for obtaining the police clearance certificate.
- Valid international passport
- Two passport-size photographs
- Application fees: N3,500-N8, 000 (the price may vary)
Police Clearance Certificate in Nigeria: Application Guide
You can obtain the certificate using these three methods:-
- You can apply in person at the force CID, Police Criminal Registry, Alagbon, Lagos State
- You can apply from your state through Nigeria Police Force website.
- You can apply outside Nigeria through a third party service