Have you been looking for employment opportunities at an NGO? Have you heard that UNHCR is hiring? Almost all UNHCR vacancies are advertised on this portal and on the official UNHCR online recruitment portal.
If you are interested in the recruitment opportunity at UNHCR, then read on to learn more about the recruitment process and how to submit your application.
This article contains all the necessary information concerning the UNCHR recruitment exercise, the information includes recruitment requirements, job positions available, and steps on how to apply.
Read on to see current UNHCR job vacancies.
UNHCR Recruitment 2023
The UNHCR has commenced the recruitment of qualified applicants to fill vacant positions available at the organization.
Interested persons can apply for the recruitment online using guidelines which will be provided below in this article. Before we dive into the recruitment proper, let’s take a quick look at UNHCR and what it entails.
UNHCR is an acronym for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. The UNHCR is an organization that was established at the end of World War II by the United Nations to provide protection to refugees.
Refugees are in constant danger and need all the protection they can get hence the need for the United Nations to protect them.
The organization recently announced the commencement of the recruitment of qualified candidates to fill vacant positions at the organization. The vacancies available at this establishment include:-
- Assistant Development Officer (Grade: LICA8 UNOPS), Abuja, FCT – JR2313893
- Assistant Protection Officer (Grade: NO-A), Maiduguri, Borno State – JR2313886
- Community-Based Protection Associate (Grade: LICA6 UNOPS), Makurdi, Benue State – JR2313912
Read the requirements below and ensure that you meet them before you apply for the positions listed above.
Eligibility Requirements for UNHCR Recruitment
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in Management/Personnel Administration, Law, Political Science, International relations, Economics, or a related field and at least 11 years of relevant work experience.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 12 years of working experience.
- Candidates who have a Doctorate degree plus 10 years of previous relevant work experience may also be accepted.
- Candidates must have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the UNHCR mandate and its Field level application.
- Candidates must have an applied knowledge of protection principles, operational arrangements/standards in relation to protection, assistance, UNHCR office management, and staff administration.
- Candidates must be conversant with the current priorities in the organization and existing mechanisms within the organization to implement those priorities.
- Candidates must have basic computer skills and working knowledge of MS office software.
- Candidates must speak at least one of the UN working languages of the duty station.
How to Successfully Apply for UNHCR Recruitment 2023
Candidates who are interested in applying for Temporary Appointments, fixed-term International Professional job opportunities, Internships, Consultancies, General Service jobs, National Professional posts, or an Evergreen talent pipeline should create an online profile in the UNHCR recruitment portal and fill out an online profile.
- Visit: http://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External
- Candidates’ profiles will be saved by the system, this will make it easy for them to apply for posts in the future.
- Select specific available positions (job requisitions) or Talent Pool profiles (evergreen requisitions) after registering.
- Click on the job title and then apply at the top of the job advert.
- Please note that all submissions must be sent in English.
- Read the job description carefully before beginning the application process.
- Highlight your abilities, motivation, and experience in your letter of interest.
- The transmission of copies of qualifications such as past job contracts or academic qualifications is not necessary at this time.
- Ensure that you save the draft of your application on a frequent basis while you work on it.
- After submitting the application, candidates will receive a system-generated notification.
- The recruitment team will contact only candidates who have been shortlisted.
- Candidates must submit their applications for the advertised roles by the closing date specified in the job advertisement. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
UNHCR Recruitment Deadline 2023
The deadline for the UNHCR recruitment has not yet been announced. Check this page frequently for details on the closing date.
Did you find our article UNHCR Recruitment 2023 helpful? If you have more questions regarding this topic, you can ask them via the comment box and you will be provided with a response as soon as possible. Do not forget to share this article with friends!